At first, I was a bit scared to use it, so i started simple! Here is my VERY basic 'patchwork' pin cushion...
Then I made some bunting... but my phone got stolen so I don't have those pictures anymore... but it was successful and pretty!
After that I decided to be a bit braver... and follow a pattern! Here is a tie-sided cushion...
Next up was a sewing machine cover. I based it on a tutorial i found here.
BUT I wanted a hole in the middle for the handle and a patch pocket for the cotton reel. The pocket was ok... but WOW was the rest of it tough to construct! I just didn't REALLY think through what i was actually doing... I just sewed and thought and unpicked as i went along! BIG novice error, and I have learnt my lesson!
The biggest problem / headache came when i realised i couldn't hem the cover inside out as i had sewn-shut the middle... cue epic amounts of pinning and careful top-stitching! SIGH.
The finished item! i LOVE it!
Next up: clothing! I have just cut out the pattern pieces for a top... so watch this space...!