Wednesday 19 June 2013

Crafty Creatives Box 12

After catching up with my backlog of reviews in yesterday's post,  today I am sharing my thoughts on the latest Crafty Creatives Box...

Box 12, entitled 'The Treat Box', took it's time in coming! I received a 'red slip of doom' on Friday, and as i was away all weekend I didn't get my hands on my box until Tuesday (yesterday!). After all the positive and raving comments on Twitter and Facebook, i caved and read some blog spoilers, so my creative juices have been mulling this box over this weekend!

Here are the contents...

 Gorgeous Art Card by Louise Williams

The Kit - a sweet-inspired cross stitch! I've done a lot of cross stitching in the past, so looking forward to this one! i have tons of embroidery flosses so will probably mix up the colours a bit...

Macaroon fabric fat quarter - i LOVE macaroons! This fabric has a good weight to it, and is so pretty! can't quite decide what to use it for yet as i don't want to waste it!

 Cookie cutter - i love butterflies so excited to try this!

Recipie card by Cathryn Dresser - i was a huge Cathryn fan during the Bake Off! I've also just started using spelt in things, so intrigued to try these biscuits out!

2 Chupa Chups - how yummy!

 Double sided craft papers - very pretty and colourful designs. Will add it into my papercrafts stash whilst i think on a good use for them.

Three cake slice charms from Susan King - I love Susan's work and have been an admirer for quite some time, so was VERY excited when i read about these in the blog spoilers! I was reaaaally hoping for two of the same colour and was so excited to get two pink & blue! These will be swiftly turned into matching earrings! I also received one pink and mint green charm, which will be put to one side whilst i think of something special to do with it!
Cupcake grosgrain ribbon - i have a vast and growing collection of ribbons, so this pretty length can join the happy family! However, I am loathed to use my ribbons as i love them so much!

5 ice cream buttons - how lovely?! I have a few ideas for these, mainly to use in forthcoming projects, so will share what happens to them in the future...

12 alteration tags from Stix2 - i was going to buy some of these, so was happy to find some in the box! I have plans to washi tape and ribbon them! perfect for gifting ear studs.

Colourful juicy beads - no real plans for these, but i really like the shine on them (the photos don't do them justice!), so will use them in future

'M' print cabochons - I have to be honest, but i was so disappointed with these... I saw how everyone (well, everyone i've seen!) got an array of colourful ones, and i LOVE colour and had some big plans for these... and then mine turned up and were black and white :( anybody want to do some swapping? Even just a couple?! I'd be very grateful!

So there we have it! despite the 'M' cabochons disappointment, I do really love this box, and it feels very summery! Next month is the Birthday Box, and I'm very excited to see what that one has to offer!

3 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! I'm really glad you like the cakes :)

    I'm so impatient to get my box- if/when I do I'd be happy to send/swap some of my M&Ms if I don't end up with white/black too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i meant every word! i really do LOVE your work!

      so sad for you that you haven't received yours yet :( do let me know if you ever do!

      Fran x

      Delete
    2. I got mine today! I ended up with what they referred to as the '70's ice cream' mix- pink, brown, and cream- though only two pink and my daughter has claimed them. Would you want some of the brown/cream ones?

      <3

      Delete