Tuesday 18 June 2013

Crafty Creatives - Boxes 10 & 11

Hello there!

Well, i can't quite believe so much time has passed since I last properly blogged.... i finished my course at the end of May, and was going to just jump straight back into blogging, but was just at a loss with where to start as i had so much to catch up on. Over the next few weeks, i have posts lined up to fill you in on life and where my creative streak has taken me recently, but i figured it was best to start up again where i started off originally! So, here is a photo heavy post of #ccbox10 and #ccbox11...

Crafty Creatives box 10....
So, box 10 arrived in April, just as my work got crazy. Initially, i felt a little underwhelmed by the 'Blue' theme, but as i trawled through the box i found it gave so much inspiration and pretty much everything lent itself to something i would like to make! Here are the contents....

Art Card by Catherine Moody; 
3 Americana acrylic paints (I love the middle one!); 
mini canvas

 
Nepalese felt balls (which i LOVE); 
tiny beads from Musha Makes; 
2 bluebird pendants (i really like the pale blue ones that a lot of others received, so still trying to find some inspiration for my navy birds)

2 pieces of A5 blue craft paper; 
3 tubes from Stix2 (one glitter, one seed beads, one caviar beads); 
samples of white & blue Jumping Clay; 
fat quarter of blue dotty cotton, as featured in the background of these photos!

The kit was for a bluebird mobile. i ended up adapting this slightly, and so the photo above is of the leftovers! Will share my creation soon!


Crafty Creatives Box 11...
Box 11 arrived in May, and the 'Glamour' theme just screamed Gastby! It certainly got me excited for the film (which I loved!)! I haven't really touched this box yet. Whilst I loved it's contents and the theme, I felt like i needed an 'occasion' to wear / use some of the items. So, most of it has gone into my stash, ready for some inspiration or a glamorous occasion! Box 11 included...

 Red rose cabochon; 
10 gorgeous Swarovski crystal beads; 
fat quarter of black velvet (featured in the background!)

 Chunky sparkly beads; 
silver stardust (anyone got any inspiration for this?)


Findings; 
jump rings; 
2 silver-plated rhinestone teardrops; 
red inkpad; 
lace stamp

 A close up of the pretty lace stamp

Art Card by Lianne Williams;
removable photo glue from Stix2; 
beaded fluffy trim

Also included, but not shown, was the kit to make a beaded hair slide. That is a work in progress, so will share when it is finished!

What did you think of these boxes? Would love some inspiration for box 11!

Fran xx


No comments:

Post a Comment